Saturday, June 03, 2006

Aberration

I was walking my pet turtle to work today, when a breeze came by and knocked the turtle over. There was no change in the situation. When we got to work, we found that the gates were closed, on account of Labor Day. Being pressed for time, I managed to squeeze in. With sorrowful eyes, Napoleon watched me disappear into the onerous distance...

At work, I wandered around in the smog for a while, and then settled into playing tiddlywinks with the clock. Someone had left an abacus around. The sight of the beads brought to me fond memories of my hippie past. Had I forgotten the alphabet?

When I emerged eighteen hours later, it was Finnerday, for the very first time. How queer! A glass of water made everything clear. A plumb line is the same sort of thing as the Plimsoll line. Finland is a paradox, for no very good reason... Lists and amethysts. And so on, etcetera, to be sanest is odd.

2 Comments:

Blogger Crp said...

I too am struck by these aberrations. In fact the matter came up in my discussions with the Beverley Hills Ninja. More specifically the bone of contention was whether or not to play air guitar to a catgirl. I left before he bit me.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Cheshire Cat said...

A catgirl! Where? Should go off and polish my whiskers...

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home